Big demand on Imran Khan’s efforts before the confidence vote in the leaked audio: Report

Big demand on Imran Khan's efforts before the confidence vote in the leaked audio: Report

The audio leaked just days after Imran Khan abruptly ended his anti-government protests. (File)

Islamabad:

A leaked audio recording of an alleged telephone conversation between former Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari and real estate tycoon owner Riaz Hossain has been released, where Riaz is heard saying that he wants to communicate with ousted Prime Minister Imran Khan Zardari before negotiating a deal. No-confidence vote in Parliament last month.

The 32-second audio recording, believed to be the voices of Zardari and Riaz, respectively, went viral on social media, and speculation that an agreement had been reached between Pakistan and Khan abruptly ended his anti-government stance a few days later. Tehreek-e-Insaf and Pakistan Army.

In a conversation that could not be confirmed, Riaz was heard telling Zardari that Khan was sending him messages, the Dawn newspaper reported.

“Today, he (Imran Khan) sent a lot of messages,” said Riaz, a voice believed to be from the former president, who replied: “Now it’s impossible.” “Okay. I just wanted to bring this to your attention,” Dawn reported, quoting Riaz’s alleged voice.

Although the PTI immediately dismissed the audio as “fake” by members of Zardari’s party, the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) said it “appeared to be genuine,” the report said.

“A business personality and an anti-Imran Khan politician are having a conversation which is being blamed on Imran Khan. But the conversation has nothing to do with reality,” The Express Tribune quoted PTI leader Shahbaz Gill as saying.

Khan, who was ousted from power by a no-confidence vote last month, apparently lost military support last year after refusing to support the appointment of an ISI intelligence chief.

He asserted that his confession had been obtained through torture, and that his confession had been obtained through torture.

He named the United States as the mastermind behind the plot, a charge Washington has denied.

Khan on Friday denied reports that he had reached an agreement with the Pakistani military to end his massive “freedom rally” demanding new general elections, insisting he had decided to end his march to avoid bloodshed.

“I saw anger among the people for stopping the procession against the police and there was a fear that if we continued marching as announced, the country would be plunged into chaos and anarchy,” Khan said.

“It simply came to our notice then. I hear strange things that a deal was made with the company. I have not reached an agreement with anyone, “he said, referring to the role of the powerful military in ending the PTI workers’ rally.

He warned that if the “imported government” failed to declare new general elections within six days, he would return to the Pakistani capital with the whole nation, urging Prime Minister Shahbaz Sharif to respond to his “order will not work”. And Parliament will set the date for the election.

Last week, Khan called on his supporters to march peacefully in Islamabad on May 25 to demand the dissolution of the National Assembly and new elections in the country.

The 69-year-old cricketer-politician, however, insisted that he would again call for a mass rally if the government did not order early elections.

He stressed that his party would not face or accept an “imported government” led by Prime Minister Shahbaz Sharif.

(Except for the title, this story was not edited by NDTV staff and was published from a syndicated feed.)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.